The media has a strong influence on the viewing public. From ideas to products, the media can sell anything directly or indirectly. In any case, weight loss is likewise another idea being advanced by the media. Some of the shows promote weight loss indirectly while others blatantly announce the need for a healthy lifestyle. Nevertheless, Hollywood famous people and supermodels are viewed as good examples with regards to a beautiful body. One of the known celebrities being looked up for weight loss is Oprah Winfrey.
Oprah: The quick facts
Oprah Winfrey, a host of the highly popular Oprah talk show, is famous for her ability to lose massive amounts of weight and keep it off. In her show, she is consistently offering tips and advice on how to lose weight and keep it off. She is right now under personal trainer Bob Greene that helps her lose weight and look after it.
The bitter truth
Because of Oprah’s fame, several unreliable weight loss methods and products have jumped on Oprah’s bandwagon of fame, claiming that they are the ones that helped Oprah lose weight fast. So before purchasing any weight loss product or pill, try to check twice. Do not be easily fooled by products that claim Oprah has used it.
Oprah Winfrey weight loss plan
According to Oprah’s website, Oprah’s weight loss plan mainly involves diet and exercise. She does not take any medications or weight loss patches to help her lose weight. She does it the natural way.
Oprah’s weight loss plan mainly involves avoidance of refined carbs, increased intake of lean protein, and moderate healthy fats. Coupled with regular exercise, Oprah has achieved her ideal body weight and body image that everyone has come to admire.
Realizing that being healthy is more than looking good, it is about being strong and healthy, Oprah hired personal trainers who helped her exercise and modify the diet she was on. Her lifestyle changes that resulted from this were great: eating healthy and exercising, however giving into fears and cravings have recently gotten the best of her as she fell off the healthy wagon.
Exercise such as aerobics is effective at first. But as time passes, it can become less challenging. Work out on a treadmill, which allows you to increase the pace and the incline over time.
The main point is to exercise more and eat less. You have to exercise more than what you eat.
As part of Oprah’s weight loss plan, she has undergone a strict diet program that includes reducing the intake of certain foods. In Oprah’s boot camp, she has invited several people to join her on her road to dieting.
Oprah recommends that following a diet regime:
1. Eat lean protein, two fruits a day, and all the green vegetables you want
2. Keep the fat low
3. No alcohol
4. Refrain from eating the “white stuff”: bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, candy, pastry, cookies, cake.
5. Stay away from whole grains (brown rice, oatmeal, whole-wheat cereals, and bread) for one month
6. Do not eat three hours before bedtime.
Oprah’s resident psychologist also tells of Oprah’s weight loss plan. According to Dr. Phil, if you want to follow Oprah’s weight loss plan, you have to follow these steps:
1. Set a very specific goal – Dr. Phil suggests that people should set goals for weight loss as well as for their emotions.
2. Work out a very specific strategy – will power alone does not work. People need a very specific strategy.
3. Identify small, measurable steps – implement a program that suits your lifestyle.
4. Create a healthy, realistic timeline – whatever happens, do not crash diet. Choose fixed dates for the weight you want to be in the future, starting with small steps. Add those dates to your calendar, and stick to them. Don’t expect results overnight.
5. Create meaningful monitoring and accountability – find a partner to help you track your weight and things will become easier for you.
If Oprah’s experiences tell us anything about keeping at our ideal weight, it’s never to take it for granted. Oprah says that she shoved her weight problems to the back of her mind, putting forward excuses that she was too busy. But keeping close to your ideal weight must always be an important priority – for the sake of your health.